Tuesday, March 1, 2016

DARKEST BITS OF HALLELUJAH by Elijah peter..

DARKEST BITS OF HALLELUJAH

You promised me your air,
Calm as the falling wind, a dove’s delight.
That you left me waiting was unfair,
Yet I would trust your reasons in sight.

Your bright laugh, a symphony’s tale,
Rings through my aching troubled heart.
But the thought of you sometimes is pale,
When I remember your artful smile.

You were the sunshine, a light in despair,
Cure to my hearts ailing scream.
A waning world, damped to repair,
Made a little brighter by your dream.

Yet you drifted to the wind, a colour of dust,
Left me counting my tears and regret.
Between your voice and your words, heavenly cost,
No fortune for the hearts broken when you left.

The weight of the world without your dreams,
Is but the picture of the darkest doubt.
In sadness and tears like flooded streams,
Lay the remembrance of all you were about.

In the darkest bit of hallelujah,
As tears revel in gloom to ponder.
What dreams to decide your hallelujah?

Than the life you lived, o what wonder!
(c)2015

0 comments: